Ngaio Press is based in
Martinborough, New Zealand. We publish all kinds of books, with an emphasis on
history: business, social, musical, colonial and military. (Weekend Herald,
23/4/11: "Wellington's Ngaio Press has built an impressive list of titles
focusing on New Zealand History.")
We also produce leaflets and
booklets for business and professional clients.
Our services include:
• Advising authors
• Doing extra research and writing that may be
• Working with graphics – we’re good at
reviving tired and damaged images.
• Designing and laying out books until they're
ready for the printer.
• Working with specialist book printers in New
Zealand and Asia.
• Public relations and marketing
• Distributing books
We’re not big and we don’t want to be. But we’re very professional and our
authors benefit from a high level of personal service. Our principal
is an author himself who understands writing and publishing from both
sides of the fence.